Saturday 3 March 2018

Premise - Fresh Idea

I've decided to scrap my original idea as I wasn't happy with where it was heading and was confused about which avenue to pursue.

For my new idea I would like to create a mockumentary style animation focusing on a society loosely based on the Ewoks of Endor from Star Wars. It's a society where the creature's cuteness determines their worth in society. The cutest are celebrities and the least cutest are generally ignored and aren't invited to events. It will focus on one less than cute creature who doesn't get invited to the ritualistic ceremonies and dances and so on. I would like to take inspiration mainly from Ewoks and Rabbids, combining the two. Here is a current influence map of what I might want these creatures to look like.I hope with this project to be able to design and create some interesting and fun characters with a fun environment. I would also like to aim for over the top silly animation similar to Rabbids.

Any opinions or advice for ideas would be greatly appreciated.


1 comment:

  1. okay... so this is another big change of direction, Jack... You know me, I think there's gold in most ideas, and an idea about the 'ugly duckling' in a cute world sounds fun. At the moment your outline here reads as if you're actually basing it around the Ewoks... but I think you're talking about taking inspiration from big-eyed furry cute things (which is fine, whereas an Ewok-based narrative would be problematic for a few reasons). So - you're essentially contemplating an animated short... which is a pipeline that begins with ... a script! In addition to thinking about your world, you need to get your story figured asap - any work you do before that's locked down risks being 'the wrong work at the wrong time'. Let's see the story ideas on here asap.

    ReplyDelete